5.5g desktop tank

Stock light has issues (thank you kittys…)

I planned on having the pair of 40’s cycling by now, but that didn’t work out, but I did get my desktop tank at work stocked…

New light is a decent improvement…

It’s a Fluval spec v, with the stock filtration, and a random 6500k LED floodlight I grabbed off eBay.  One of my workers gave me a digital timer he had bought for his terrarium, that he never ended up using, and I managed to miss that it had 2 on cycles, so was running lights 22 hours a day, for the first 2 weeks I had the tank running, it caused a bit of an algae issue, but I figured the shrimp would be fine with that.  I now have it on a 7 hour light cycle, with 17 hours off.

current stocked tank… I like the algae covered back, and the shrimp seem to too, as most of the day there’s at least one grazing up there…

Right now I’ve got 6 moss balls, a couple pieces of driftwood, DHG (which I don’t think survived the trip here) some random ground plants (I think it was sold as microsword, but I’m not sure anymore) and a single small water lettuce (it’s gone nuts in my 29, so I’m hoping it does pretty good in here too).  As for livestock, I have 5 Neon Yellow Neocardina, and am hoping it turns into a decent colony over time.

I just got in bottles to use for dosing, and am going to start dosing 2x a week with my custom macro blend, and once a week with the micro blend.  I’m using salty shrimp to get the GH/KH to the proper levels, and once a week suplementing food with Shirakura Ebi Dama.

Build Log

I had an idea for my perfect desk a while ago, and decided over the Christmas shutdown at work, that I should build it myself…

Day 1:

Some Wood
Router Table
Some More Wood…

I got all of my cutting done, and a bunch of the wholes drilled out… I was down to the last 8 holes when Meegs got back, and it was time for me to stop working out in the shop, and head home…

Day 2:

Lined up, and glued/screwed on the top…
Starting to glue/screw the other ends…
And now starts the 24 hour wait…

I got up, and grabbed some wood glue (Elmers WoodGlue Max), and was about to start gluing and screwing, and realized that I had drilled out my holes a little bit too small, so had to go through and re-drill all of them… It didn’t take that long to get them re-drilled, and I was ready to start assembling.

Day 3:

This day ended up being real short… Cleaned up a bunch of sawdust (which has become my girls new favorite toy) but I did get everything sanded down, and got one set of cross pieces attached…

site

So I’ve been assigned with creating a new site for work, and they want it to be more modern, and dynamic…screen_1000069

So far I’ve really been liking GeneratePress, and their price for the premium app (with lifetime updates, and unlimited sites) is pretty damn good…

I may be switching all my sites over in the near future…